Working @ AeroVironment
You'll work on projects and products that will launch AV into the future and provide you with hands-on knowledge and skills through multiple phases of our Engineering, Manufacturing Design and Development process.
Whether you're part of a team designing a new unmanned aircraft to be used for planetary surveillance, or testing and designing modifications for flight hardware/software systems, your AV internship will challenge you, stimulate you and provide you with real-world experience at one of America’s most innovative and creative tech companies.
AeroVironment provides technology solutions in the following areas:
- Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Drones and Data Analytics
- High-Altitude Pseudo Satellites /Global Communications
- Mars Exploration
- Military Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Solar Aircraft
- Software Systems and Sensors
- Research and Design
If you thrive on innovation and continuous improvement and want to work for a global leader, with an agile, collaborative environment where you tackle real-world challenges then AV is the place for you!
Internships at AeroVironment are paid and include:
- Hands-on projects tailored to your interests and skillset
- 8-12 weeks in duration (onsite or remote work)
- Social activities with the other interns and Lunch & Learns with management
- Completion of an exit presentation
- Simi Valley, CA
- Moorpark, CA
- Lawrence, KS
- Wilmington, MA
*Relocation and paid housing options are provided for positions that are required to work onsite at an AV location.
- Current enrollment in a college or university entering Sophomore year or above
- Be able to work a full time 9/80 work week schedule during summer months
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), required per ITAR
- Complete and clear background and drug screen
Click here to submit interest and apply for an internship.
University Recruitment Events
AeroVironment attends colleges or participates in various university and other recruiting events throughout the year. We look forward to meeting you!
Dartmouth / Thayer School of Engineering
Virtual Career Fair: Thursday, September 24, 2020, 2:00PM – 6:00PM EDT
UMass Amherst College of Engineering
Virtual Career Fair: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:00AM - 3:00PM EDT
Olin College of Engineering
Virtual Career Fair: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 11:00AM - 2:00PM EDT
Virtual Career Fair: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Transportation: October 22, 2020, 10:00AM – 8:00PM EDT
Western New Mexico University (WNMU)
Virtual Career Fair: December 3, 2020, multiple sessions 9:00AM - 11:00AM & 11:00AM - 1:00PM
And more to come!