September 29, 2020
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. and CHICAGO, Sept. 29, 2020 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced a teaming agreement with Robotic Skies, a global maintenance, repair, and overhaul network for UAS, to provide field maintenance, inspection and repair support for AeroVironment customers.
Robotic Skies, through teaming agreements with companies such as AeroVironment, provides UAS fleet operators with local, aviation-grade maintenance services. The company offers a unique combination of expertise in unmanned aircraft systems and traditional aviation maintenance methodology to deliver high-quality, scalable services through its repair network.View More
AeroVironment Expands Capabilities of its Puma UAS Product Line with New Smart 2500 Battery and Bungee Launch System
August 11, 2020
- New Puma Smart 2500 Battery extends Puma LE’s flight time by nearly 20 percent with up to 6.5 hours of endurance, delivering longer time on station, greater range, and maximizing its multi-mission capabilities
- Now compatible with Puma 2 AE, Puma 3 AE and Puma LE, the Puma Bungee Launch System (BLS) expands aircraft launch options and operational capabilities
SIMI VALLEY, Calif., Aug. 11, 2020 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced the launch of two new Puma product line enhancement options that reinforce the company’s commitment to continuous improvement and expanding the operational capabilities of its family of tactical UAS. The newly announced product enhancement options are a result of AeroVironment’s collaboration with front-line users to develop innovative solutions that enable customers to proceed with certainty in ever-changing operational environments.View More
July 27, 2020
SIMI VALLEY, Calif., July 27, 2020 – In the 1970s, AeroVironment (NASDAQ: AVAV) founder Dr. Paul B. MacCready, Jr. became the first to design and build an aircraft that successfully achieved controlled human-powered flight, giving birth to the company’s reputation of achieving the impossible in aerospace engineering. Now, as the company begins its 50th year in business, it’s preparing to break yet another barrier by enabling a first-of-its-kind mission on Mars.
AeroVironment began operations in 1971 as a small engineering firm focused on applying aerodynamic principles to solve important challenges facing the world. Since its founding, AeroVironment and its innovators have done just that.
AeroVironment Receives $21 Million Initial Contract Option for Raven Radio Frequency Modifications Under Previously Awarded U.S. Army Contract with Potential $55 Million Total Value
July 07, 2020
- Contract option for Army small unmanned aircraft systems (SUAS) flight control systems (FCS) domain includes avionics and data link upgrades to modify radio frequency
- Raven tactical unmanned aircraft system is designed for rapid deployment, delivering real-time tactical situational awareness to warfighters
SIMI VALLEY, Calif., July 8, 2020 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced the United States Army exercised the first of three options under the sole source Flight Control Systems (FCS) domain of the Army’s multi-year small UAS contract on April 28, 2020. The value of the initial contract option is $21,058,643 and includes avionics and data link upgrade packages to modify radio frequencies employed by the Army’s existing fleet of Raven® tactical UAS, the largest fleet of Raven systems in the world. Delivery will take place over a two-year period.
The Army exercised the option under the FCS domain awarded to AeroVironment by the Army in June 2019. FCS is one of six domains comprising the Army’s existing five-year Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) SUAS contract, and has a potential value of up to $55 million.
AeroVironment Receives $9.8 Million Raven and Puma 3 AE Awards from NATO Support and Procurement Agency under Multi-Year Contract with $80 million Potential Value
June 10, 2020
- Three-year base contract includes option for an additional two years of logistical support, spares and repair services for existing fleet of Raven, Wasp and Puma tactical unmanned aircraft systems
- AeroVironment’s family of tactical UAS allows customers to use the same ground control station and software for multiple UAS for added simplicity and efficiency
- AeroVironment UAS enabling interoperability across several NATO forces
SIMI VALLEY, Calif., June 10, 2020 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced its receipt of two firm-fixed-price orders totaling $9,804,448 from the NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA). The orders, received on March 5, 2020 and April 16, 2020, encompass the procurement of Raven® and Puma™3 AE tactical UAS and spares. Delivery for the first order is anticipated by August 2020 and the second order by October 2020.View More
June 04, 2020
SIMI VALLEY, Calif.– AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced that Wahid Nawabi, president and chief executive officer, Kevin McDonnell, senior vice president and chief financial officer, and Steven Gitlin, chief marketing officer and vice president of investor relations, will participate in a virtual fireside chat at the William Blair Growth Stock Conference on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 7:20 a.m. PT / 10:20 a.m. ET.
A live audio webcast of the fireside chat will be available in the Events and Presentations section of the AeroVironment website at https://investor.avinc.com/events-and-presentations. A replay of the webcast will be available for 90 days.View More
SIMI VALLEY, Calif.– AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced the promotion of Ken Karklin, Senior Vice President, to the role of chief operating officer, effective immediately. “Ken has demonstrated his ability to lead key functions within our organization and, on behalf of our Board of Directors and executive team, we congratulate him on his new role as chief Operating Officer,” said Wahid Nawabi, AeroVironment president and chief executive officer. “We look forward to his ongoing contributions to supporting our customers’ success, maintaining our market leadership and driving growth across our business. With the support of Ken and our talented team, we continue to execute our strategy effectively, with a focus on producing long-term value for our stockholders.”View More
United States Army Awards AeroVironment $146 Million Lethal Miniature Aerial Missile Systems (LMAMS) Contract Funded at $76 Million for First Year of Switchblade Systems Procurement
May 14, 2020
- AeroVironment’s combat proven Switchblade with patented wave-off feature provides operators with increased lethality, reach and precision strike capabilities with low collateral effects
- First year of funding approved through Joint Urgent Operational Need Statement, reflecting high-priority requirement and strong user demand from the frontline
- AeroVironment provides full system solution, including Switchblade systems, operator training, support and logistics
SIMI VALLEY, Calif., at vSOFIC, May 14, 2020 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), announced the receipt of a one-year, $75,930,901 funded contract award on April 30, 2020 from the United States Army for procurement of the company’s Switchblade® loitering missile system. The contract award was funded for the first year of procurement through a Joint Urgent Operational Need Statement from the United States Army Tactical Aviation and Ground Munitions (TAGM) project office. Start of deliveries is anticipated by September 2020. Two additional one-year options, currently unfunded, would extend the period of performance through April 2023 on a sole-source basis.View More
AeroVironment Awarded $2.6 Million Contract from U.S. Ally to Enhance Existing Puma™ Fleet with Puma LE Capabilities, Plus Existing Fleet Support
May 12, 2020
- Contract includes spares to support customer’s existing fleet of tactical unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and adoption of Puma LE (Long Endurance)
- Puma LE provides Group 2 features in a Group 1 footprint, 5.5-hour endurance and persistent data with increased time on station in an economical two-case mission packout
- Customer is one of more than 45 allied governments employing AeroVironment’s innovative family of tactical UAS
SIMI VALLEY, Calif., at vSOFIC, May 12, 2020 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced that a U.S. ally and longtime customer awarded the company a firm-fixed-price contract valued at $2,685,057 on February 20, 2020 for AeroVironment’s recently introduced Puma™ LE. The order also included spares to support the customer’s existing fleet of AeroVironment tactical UAS. The contract award period of performance is one year.View More
AeroVironment Unveils Quantix™ Recon, Fully-Automated Hybrid Vertical Takeoff and Landing Unmanned Aircraft System for Defense Applications
April 23, 2020
- Quantix Recon delivers on-demand, georeferenced aerial imagery, providing quick visibility for on-site mission planning and verification
- Fully-Automated, hybrid vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) design and radio frequency silent mode enable aircraft to conduct missions undetected
- Powerful onboard processing delivers high-resolution imagery immediately on the included operating tablet upon landing – no other devices, internet or software required
SIMI VALLEY, Calif., April 23, 2020 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), today announced the availability of Quantix™ Recon, a lightweight, rapidly deployable, fully-automated reconnaissance solution that delivers high resolution, georeferenced terrain, vegetation and infrastructure imagery, providing ground forces with on-demand actionable intelligence.View More