News & Articles
Convertible Subs and Armed Robots: U.S. Marines Test High-Tech Tools
April 26, 2017
On the sand, in the air and in the water, the U.S. Marines at Camp Pendleton are training for the next generation of warfare. “Throughout my entire career, maritime supremacy was guaranteed, air supremacy was guaranteed,” Col. Dan Sullivan said. “Now even a primitive adversary like ISIS is flying UAVs with explosive charges on them.”-> View More
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) Selects AeroVironment TurboDock Electric Vehicle Charging Station for its Green Initiative Program
April 11, 2017
- Installation of 102 AeroVironment TurboDock™ charging stations mark ATL’s latest initiative supporting its goal of becoming one of the greenest airports in the world
- TurboDock charging stations will be located in several parking structures along the ATL airport perimeter
- TurboDock™ charging stations are AeroVironment & ATL’s second project together after AeroVironment’s Ground Support Equipment (GSE) chargers were previously installed at the airport.
MONROVIA, Calif, April 11, 2017 – AeroVironment Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a leader in electric vehicle (EV) charging and the preferred charging solution supplier for eight global automakers, announced today that Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) will install 102 of its TurboDock EV charging stations in the airport’s parking structures.-> View More
AeroVironment and eMotorWerks Team Up to Offer Smart Advanced Electric Vehicle Charging Solutions for EV Customers and Utilities
March 28, 2017
- eMotorWerks’ smart grid technology expands AeroVironment’s smart product capabilities for EV customers
- eMotorWerks’ JuiceNet platform offers cloud-connected and intelligent grid charging solutions, including green-charging for renewables
- AeroVironment’s chargers, selected by eight global auto manufacturers and combined with eMotorWerks’ innovative cloud technology, deliver unique and compelling EV charging solutions
MONROVIA, Calif. and SAN CARLOS, Calif. March 28, 2017- Both customers and electric utilities across the US are set to gain more options and control over electric vehicle charging through the collaboration of AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a leader in electric vehicle (EV) charging and the preferred electric vehicle charging solution supplier for eight global automakers, and eMotorWerks, a leading provider of intelligent and cloud-connected smart-grid charging solutions. By integrating eMotorWerks’ JuiceNet smart-grid EV charging platform into AeroVironment’s line of consumer and OEM EV charging solutions, both companies aim to provide increased charging capabilities to customers and electric demand load aggregation for utilities.-> View More
Ready, Set, Take Off, 1/12 Tests Puma UAS
March 18, 2017
MARINE CORPS BASE HAWAII --
Marines with 1st Battalion, 12th Marine Regiment tested an Unmanned Aerial System, also known as the RQ-20 Puma, at Marine Corps Training Area Bellows, Hawaii, March 8, 2017.
The Puma provides land-based and maritime intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance. It also allows small units the ability to detect improvised explosive devices, according to www.navair.navy.mil.-> View More
AeroVironment Selected by Volvo Cars to Develop and Deliver Its First Custom Global Electric Vehicle Charging Station
March 09, 2017
- Third strategic initiative between Volvo Cars and AeroVironment builds on the successful in-trunk TurboCord™ and the dealer infrastructure EVSE-RS charging station programs
- EV Charger to support Volvo Cars’ customers in European, Chinese, North American and other global markets
- Global EV Charging Station’s design will complement Volvo Cars’ attention to luxury, safety and excellence
MONROVIA, Calif., March 9, 2017 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a leader in electric vehicle (EV) charging and the preferred charging solution supplier for eight global automakers, today announced its selection by Volvo Cars as the developer of Volvo Cars’ first custom global EV charging station.-> View More
Using Drones to Scout Almonds From Above
February 28, 2017
It sounds like an almond grower’s magnificent dream: Instead of having people walking orchard blocks to make sure your trees are getting adequate irrigation, you just whip out your phone or tablet and chart a course for your drone. But if the scientists involved in a new project are correct, this is no dream. When growers wake up in the morning, they can draw up a flight plan and check various orchards — without ever leaving their front porch.-> View More
Can Drones Help Almond Growers Save Water? We Are About to Find Out.
February 22, 2017
AeroVironment Inc. has partnered with Cal State Fresno in a year-long study to determine how imagery and analytics from drones could be used to help almond growers better manage their water use.-> View More
AeroVironment Advances Research with Farmers and University Partners; Adds Multi-Crop Support to its Intuitive Quantix Drone and Decision Support System
February 14, 2017
- Research program entering third year to expand the agronomic analytics and capabilities of the company’s innovative drone and analytics platform
- AeroVironment growing its library of supported crops to provide targeted analytics with more precision and value to producers in key agriculture markets
- Findings to provide a deeper understanding of how multispectral data can be used to speed awareness and empower faster decisions for greater yields
TULARE, Calif. Feb. 14, 2017, At World Ag Expo – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both military and commercial applications, shared details regarding its ongoing pilot programs which are entering their third year and have guided development of the AV DSS platform.The company also displays its Quantix™ drone and AV Decision Support System™ (AV DSS) to World Ag Expo and National Farm Machinery Show attendees this week, highlighting the fully-integrated ecosystem’s powerfully-simple operations and innovative data analytics capabilities.-> View More
Ag at Large
January 30, 2017
They won’t know until September, but California orchardists might find that their plots of trees look better from above than they do from ground up. Photos taken from unmanned drone aircraft will help them decide.
The drones are already circling above the orchards at Fresno State University, taking photos that university staff will analyze. The views are expected to show some features, both good and bad, that might be overlooked when inspecting tree conditions only from the ground. It’s another high tech application to California’s high production farming.-> View More
AeroVironment Appoints Teresa Covington Chief Financial Officer
December 20, 2016
MONROVIA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV) today announced the appointment of Teresa Covington as chief financial officer, effective March 1, 2017. Covington will succeed Raymond Cook, who is resigning as senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective February 28, 2017 due to medical reasons.
Wahid Nawabi, AeroVironment president and chief executive officer, said, "The Board of Directors, our employees and I thank Raymond for his service and appreciate his willingness to support Teresa during this transition."
"Teresa has been a critical member of our leadership team since she joined AeroVironment 5 years ago," Nawabi added. "She has 25 years of financial leadership experience and exceptional industry knowledge, including as interim CFO of AeroVironment. I am excited to work closely with Teresa in her new role as we execute our business strategy to continue driving long-term value for our shareholders, customers and employees."