News & Articles
Can Drones Help Almond Growers Save Water? We Are About to Find Out.
February 22, 2017
AeroVironment Inc. has partnered with Cal State Fresno in a year-long study to determine how imagery and analytics from drones could be used to help almond growers better manage their water use.-> View More
AeroVironment Advances Research with Farmers and University Partners; Adds Multi-Crop Support to its Intuitive Quantix Drone and Decision Support System
February 14, 2017
- Research program entering third year to expand the agronomic analytics and capabilities of the company’s innovative drone and analytics platform
- AeroVironment growing its library of supported crops to provide targeted analytics with more precision and value to producers in key agriculture markets
- Findings to provide a deeper understanding of how multispectral data can be used to speed awareness and empower faster decisions for greater yields
TULARE, Calif. Feb. 14, 2017, At World Ag Expo – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both military and commercial applications, shared details regarding its ongoing pilot programs which are entering their third year and have guided development of the AV DSS platform.The company also displays its Quantix™ drone and AV Decision Support System™ (AV DSS) to World Ag Expo and National Farm Machinery Show attendees this week, highlighting the fully-integrated ecosystem’s powerfully-simple operations and innovative data analytics capabilities.-> View More
Ag at Large
January 30, 2017
They won’t know until September, but California orchardists might find that their plots of trees look better from above than they do from ground up. Photos taken from unmanned drone aircraft will help them decide.
The drones are already circling above the orchards at Fresno State University, taking photos that university staff will analyze. The views are expected to show some features, both good and bad, that might be overlooked when inspecting tree conditions only from the ground. It’s another high tech application to California’s high production farming.-> View More
AeroVironment Appoints Teresa Covington Chief Financial Officer
December 20, 2016
MONROVIA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV) today announced the appointment of Teresa Covington as chief financial officer, effective March 1, 2017. Covington will succeed Raymond Cook, who is resigning as senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective February 28, 2017 due to medical reasons.
Wahid Nawabi, AeroVironment president and chief executive officer, said, "The Board of Directors, our employees and I thank Raymond for his service and appreciate his willingness to support Teresa during this transition."
"Teresa has been a critical member of our leadership team since she joined AeroVironment 5 years ago," Nawabi added. "She has 25 years of financial leadership experience and exceptional industry knowledge, including as interim CFO of AeroVironment. I am excited to work closely with Teresa in her new role as we execute our business strategy to continue driving long-term value for our shareholders, customers and employees."
AeroVironment And California State University, Fresno Begin Field Research To Identify Water Stress In Almond Production Using Advanced UAV Data
December 07, 2016
- AeroVironment and Fresno State to study the correlation between aerial multispectral data and hydration data related to water stress
- Results should identify varying levels of water stress in almond trees and which types of imagery might enable almond producers to make more effective water management decisions
- Project running Dec. 2016 – Aug. 2017; final results to be announced in September, 2017
MONROVIA, Calif., Dec. 7, 2016 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both military and commercial applications, today announced it has begun a year-long study with California State University, Fresno to research how unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) imagery and analytics could potentially detect varying levels of water stress in almond trees and give producers smarter insights to make more effective in-season decisions regarding water management.-> View More
General Motors Selects AeroVironment EVSE-RS As Official Home Charging Station For 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV
December 06, 2016
- AeroVironment’s 32-Amp EVSE-RS charges up to 5 times faster than standard cordsets
- Provides safe, smooth, dependable charge – indoor or outdoor
- Builds on General Motors and AeroVironment’s pioneering EV innovation
MONROVIA, Calif., Dec. 6, 2016 – General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) has named AeroVironment, Inc.’s(NASDAQ: AVAV) EVSE-RS as the official charging station accessory for its all-new, all-electric 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV.-> View More
AeroVironment to Launch Latest Drone Next Spring
November 22, 2016
Area businesses will be able to add a new high-tech tool to their arsenals early next year.
That tool will come from AeroVironment a Southern California technology company that is set to release a new commercial drone next spring. Named Quantix, the drone will have a variety of commercial applications and is designed to assist businesses that focus on agriculture, energy and transportation.-> View More
AeroVironment Launches Integrated Commercial Information Solution; Unveils Powerfully-Simple Quantix™ Drone and Decision Support System™ for Real Time Actionable Intelligence
November 15, 2016
- The AeroVironment Quantix™ is a new drone that combines the vertical takeoff and landing advantages of multirotors with the range, reliability and efficiency benefits of fixed-wing aircraft
- Operators in agriculture, energy, transportation, utility and other industries can fly Quantix easily using one-touch planning and launch via a dedicated Android tablet device
- The AeroVironment Decision Support System (AV DSS™) is a full service, cloud-based data analytics platform, incorporating a high level of automation plus leading research and algorithms to deliver actionable insights
SAN JOSE, Calif. Nov. 15, 2016, At Drone World Expo – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both military and commercial applications, today launched its new integrated commercial information solution featuring the innovative Quantix™ drone and Decision Support System™ (DSS). Available spring 2017, these technologies allow users to gain actionable insights that can improve operational efficiencies, minimize risk and increase profitability.-> View More
The Netherlands Ministry of Defence Awards AeroVironment Contract for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Upgrades Valued at $10.3 Million
October 31, 2016
- Includes upgrade of existing AeroVironment Raven B systems to digital data link and adoption of AeroVironment’s family of small UAS, including Puma AE and Wasp AE systems
- Second contract from Dutch military for AeroVironment small UAS
MONROVIA, Calif., Oct. 31, 2016 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for both military and commercial applications, today announced the receipt of a contract from the Netherlands Ministry of Defence on October 14 for small UAS, upgrades and support services totaling $10,321,375. Delivery is anticipated within six months.-> View More
Industry Unveils New Unmanned Aircraft Technology
October 17, 2016
AeroVironment — the manufacturer of Army drones such as the Raven and Puma — unveiled a new tiny unmanned aircraft at the Association of the United States Army’s annual conference this week in Washington, D.C. Known as the Snipe, the system weighs 130 grams, can loiter for 20 minutes and has a range of 1 kilometer. It also comes equipped with an electro-optic and infrared camera, said David Sharpin, vice president of UAS business development at AeroVironment’s unmanned aircraft systems division.-> View More