News & Articles
Jury Awards AeroVironment Damages of More Than $2.4 Million in Lawsuit Against AeroVironment’s Former Employees Who Founded MicaSense, Inc.
March 01, 2018
- Jury found that former AeroVironment employees, Gabriel Torres, Justin McAllister, and Jeff McBride engaged in fraud against AeroVironment
- Jury found that Torres and McAllister breached their Patent and Confidentiality Agreements with AeroVironment
- Litigation continues on pending equitable relief claims
MONROVIA, Calif. – March. 1, 2018 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV) today announced that it won an important jury verdict in Ventura County Superior Court. On February 26 the jury found that former AeroVironment employees, Gabriel Torres, Justin McAllister, and Jeff McBride engaged in fraud, and that Torres and McAllister breached their respective Patent and Confidentiality Agreements.The jury also awarded punitive damages against all three defendants.The total verdict was more than $2.4 million. Torres, McAllister, and McBride are founders of MicaSense, Inc., which is majority-owned by Parrot SA.-> View More
Royal Canadian Navy to Field AeroVironment Puma II AE with Mantis i45 Sensor Aboard Coastal Defence Vessels
February 28, 2018
- Puma II AE with Mantis i45 sensor and 360-degree antenna system greatly enhances naval missions by adding stand-off/intercept, all-directional, real-time surveillance
- All Environment (AE) configuration is proven to operate successfully and reliably from ships and able to land in water, float until recovered, and continue immediate operations
- With the Puma II AE, the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) joins other Canadian Department of National Defence forces in fielding a maritime miniature unmanned aircraft system (MMUAS) capability and expands the use of the AeroVironment family of systems
MONROVIA, Calif., Feb. 28, 2018 -- AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for both defense and commercial applications, and MDA, a Maxar Technologies company, announced the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) has acquired the AeroVironment Puma™ II AE, maritime mini unmanned aircraft system, for fielding aboard RCN Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels (MCDV).The Puma II AE systems will include the Mantis i45 sensor and a 360-degree antenna system. MDA partnered with AeroVironment to satisfy the requirement of the Department of National Defence of Canada for the Maritime Miniature Unmanned Aircraft System (MMUAS).-> View More
AeroVironment Automated Quantix Hybrid Drone and AV Decision Support System Now Available; A Powerfully Simple-to-Use and Fully Integrated Drone and Data Processing Solution Delivering Actionable Intelligence for the Farm
January 31, 2018
- Completely automated Quantix hybrid and AV DSS solution now available through AeroVironment’s approved agriculture reseller network
- Users can scan and upload as many acres as needed for advanced data analysis
- Come see AeroVironment’s first-of-its-kind automated drone at premier agriculture tradeshows and enter for a chance to win a Quantix and AV DSS bundle
MONROVIA, Calif., Jan. 31, 2018 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both defense and commercial applications, today announced that its automated Quantix™ hybrid drone and AeroVironment Decision Support System (AV DSS™) analytics software are now available for sale through its authorized reseller network. AeroVironment will be showcasing this pioneering ecosystem at three upcoming tradeshows: World Ag Expo, National Farm Machinery Show and Commodity Classic. Show attendees will have the opportunity to enter a drawing to win a complete Quantix hybrid drone and AV DSS bundle, valued at $16,500.-> View More
LA Business Journal: New Heights for Drones?
January 22, 2018
AeroViroment Inc. opened 2018 with plans to build a drone that flies higher and longer than any it has built before – a solar-powered plane that could soar in the upper atmosphere for weeks or months at a time and carry a load of telecommunications transmitters.
The company laid out its latest goals as part of a Jan. 3 announcement of a joint venture with Tokyo-based telecommunications giant SoftBank Corp., called HAPSMobile Inc. The new partners will join an ambitious field of projects – including a flying-wing in the works at Facebook Inc. and a balloon-based experiment by Alphabet Inc. – that aim to lift telecommunications transmitters up to 65,000 feet above sea level in order to grab a piece of the broadband market in developing countries.-> View More
AeroVironment Set to Define the Solar-powered HALE Segment for Commercial Drone Operations. Learn more
January 19, 2018
“We’ve been aware of the utility that HALE unmanned aircraft systems can deliver and have been tracking the market’s receptivity to it for a long time now,” Steve Gitlin, Vice President Corporate Strategy at AeroVironment, told Commercial UAV News. “With this partnership, we’ll be able to work with a partner who not only understands the end user market opportunities in telecommunications, but also has a very deep understanding of technology innovation themselves.”-> View More
AeroVironment Unveils New TurboDX Next-Generation Global EV Charging Solution for Commercial, Workplace, Utility, Residential Customers
January 08, 2018
- Durable, reliable, fast and safe electric vehicle charging solution delivers unparalleled flexibility to accommodate a wide range of users’ needs
- A global platform certified to global standards including UL, IEC and CQC
- Slim, compact modular design and triple, dual, or quad capability allows for more cars to charge simultaneously and easy expansion to more chargers over time
- Built upon the same trusted, tested and robust technology as AeroVironment’s popular TurboCord™ charging solution
LAS VEGAS, at CES Digital Experience, Jan. 8, 2018 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV), a leader in electric vehicle (EV) charging and the preferred home charging solution supplier for nine global automakers, today introduced TurboDX™, the company’s next-generation EV charging station for commercial, workplace, utility and residential customers around the world. TurboDX is a durable, reliable, fast and safe solution that delivers unparalleled flexibility to accommodate a wide range of users’ needs.
-> View More
AeroVironment Announces Joint Venture and Solar High-Altitude Long-Endurance Unmanned Aircraft System Development Program
January 03, 2018
- Joint venture to fund development and production of solar-powered high-altitude unmanned aircraft systems
- AeroVironment to design and develop solar aircraft and ground control stations for flight testing and certification
- Net value of development contract is $65 million
MONROVIA, Calif.,Jan. 3, 2018–AeroVironment, Inc.(NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for both defense and commercial applications, today announced the formation of a joint venture to develop solar-powered high-altitude long-endurance, or HALE, UAS for commercial operations.This category of UAS is also referred to as high-altitude pseudo-satellites, or HAPS.The joint venture will fund the development program up to a net maximum value of $65,011,481.-> View More
AeroVironment CEO, Wahid Nawabi, Featured on CNBC’s Mad Money
December 15, 2017
- Mad Money" host Jim Cramer sat down with AeroVironment President and CEO Wahid Nawabi to hear about his defense and commercial drone company's new products.
- Nawabi showed Cramer a new product for the agriculture industry that is available for purchase starting Thursday.
- The $16,500 autonomous drone comes with an app that runs software analytics on its own, the CEO said.
U.S. Navy Awards AeroVironment $2.5 Million Contract for Continuation and Expansion of Blackwing UAS Program
October 09, 2017
- Order including multiple Blackwing™ vehicles, sensor payloads and refurbishment kits to be delivered by November 2018
- Blackwing delivering valuable new capabilities to naval undersea warfare since first deployed last year
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Association of the United States Army Annual Meeting and Exposition – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for both military and commercial applications, today announced the receipt of a contract award from the United States Navy on September 29, 2017, for continuation and expansion of its Blackwing™ small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) program. The contract includes orders for multiple Blackwing vehicles, sensor payloads and refurbishment kits for a total value of $2,578,822. The initial set of vehicles are anticipated for delivery by May 2018, and final delivery anticipated by November 2018.-> View More
AeroVironment Upgrading Family of Small UAS; Puma 3 and Raven 3 to Be Unveiled at AUSA Global Force Symposium Next Spring
October 09, 2017
- Puma 3 structural enhancements increase durability, enable concurrent operation of electro-optical (EO)/Infrared (IR) and radio frequency (RF) payloads
- Upgraded avionics modules to provide expanded navigation capabilities in both aircraft
- Digital Data Link (DDL) security enhancements to support operation in challenging electronic warfare (EW) and cyber environments, in addition to current M1/M2/M5 frequencies
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Association of the United States Army Annual Meeting and Exposition – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both military and commercial applications, today announced that its Puma™ AE and Raven® small unmanned aircraft systems, the most widely deployed UAVs in the United States Department of Defense fleet, are being enhanced with new upgrades. The new aircraft, Puma 3 and Raven 3, will be unveiled at the AUSA Global Force Symposium in March 2018.-> View More