Recruitment & Internships
You've spent years preparing to make history in your field. You want to intern at a company with a history of making history. An internship at AeroVironment offers practical, hands-on experience from day one. Discover for yourself what makes interning at AeroVironment the ultimate learning experience.
The University Internship Program is a paid internship that offers a training program as well as opportunities to work at events and network with professionals. As an intern, you will work and gain authentic experience in a world class organization. You will have the unique opportunity to work with like-minded peers from a variety of majors and backgrounds, and be part of collaborative team, providing you with real-world work projects and experiences. Ideal candidates are those who present themselves as professionals with a willing attitude and ability to take initiative in projects.
Internship program highlights include:
- 6-13 weeks of working onsite.
- Hands-on projects tailored to your interests and skillset.
- Social activities with the other interns including management Lunch & Learns.
- Fulfillment of this internship includes commitment and completion of projects.
- Complete an exit presentation at the end of your internship.
- Be 18 years of age or older and provide evidence of enrollment at a university.
- Be able to work a minimum of 10 hours.
- Submit and clear a background check and drug test as required by AeroVironment.
Click here to view and apply for an internship.
AeroVironment attends colleges or participates in various university and other recruiting events throughout the year. We look forward to meeting you!
AeroVironment is proud to partner with various universities throughout the year.
UCSB – AeroVironment is partnering with students for one of their capstone projects.
Caltech - We have donated funds for directed research (by a post Doctorate student) on subject matter relevant to AeroVironment.
Cal State Channel Islands – We are working with a group of students to form a new Robotics Club on campus.
Cal Poly SLO – AeroVironment participates in the yearly design review for Seniors in Aerospace Engineering. This day long event takes place at our facilities around the beginning of the year.
University of Florida - An AeroVironment team member is teaching a class.
In addition, AeroVironment also supports the National Science Foundation Consortium for UAS research at the University of Michigan, BYU, Virginia Tech and University of Colorado.